Comparative Study on Silica gel and Dehumidifier (DHF – 555)
Dehumidifier DHF 555
|Tivek (Dupont Pack)/ Cloth||Tivek (Dupont Pack)|
|Non tear-able Paper||Non tearable Paper|
|Puncture resistant pouch||Puncture resistant pouch|
|Silicon Dioxide||TClay Based Product(Sio2)|
|Visual Indicative||Non Visual Indicative|
|Absorption level – less||Approx. 80-85%|
|Non Echo Friendaly||Echo Friendaly|
|Does not meet ROHS compliance||Meet ROHS compliance|
|In 25 deg.c @ 50% R.H. 18% absn||NA|
|In 25 deg.c @ 95% R.H. 28% absn||In 25 deg.c @ 95% R.H. 80-85% absn|
|Low density molecules||NA|
|Flexo printing in pouch||Gravoure printing of our name product name wt. etc.2|
- The dehumidifier is a superior product when compared to Silica gel.
- It is similar to products like Levigated Alumina / Bentonite found in the earth, which can absorb more moisture, nearly 2/3 rds of its weight.
- In the case of silica gel, if it touches the metal, it will catch rust. In case of DHF – 555, even if it touches the metal nothing will happen.
- In the case of silica gel, huge quantity is to be used, because it will stop absorbing moisture, once it reaches its saturation point. In the case of DHF- 555 it absorbs more moisture and retains the same.
- Silica gel is to be heated so as to regenerate it. In the case of DHF – 555, heating is not required.
- Silica gel cannot retain the moisture it absorbs and it will start bleeding, once it reaches the saturation point. DHF – 555 can retain the moisture it absorbs and will not unduly bleed.
Besides Dehumidifier powerful action, Suprabha Dehumidifier offers benefits such as:
- Safety to metal products: Unlike silica gel, Suprabha Dehumidifier’s near neutral pH range ensures that no adverse effect is caused by ferrous or non-ferrous metal cargo.
- Economical protection: Only 20 g/cubic feet is required for controlling humidity when used in combination with Rustopowder.
- Long-term effect: When used in combination with Suprabha Rustopowder, Suprabha Dehumidifier can provide rust prevention for as many as 24 months.
- Ready-to-use on delivery: Parts, components or assembled units are ready for final assembly on delivery.
- Easy, safe disposal: Unlike silica gel, which is voluminous and which needs neutralisation treatment before disposal, Suprabha Dehumidifier can be safely disposed of like solid waste, without treatment.
Suprabha Dehumidifier is an incredibly powerful moisture desiccant that absorbs up to 85% of its own weight. Unlike conventional desiccants like silica gel, this clay-based dehumidifier does not release absorbed moisture back into the environment. Nor does it ooze water or get wet when saturated.
I have read your blog it looks very nice
Thanks sor sharing
How do know when the packs are no longer effective, and can they be regenerated after fully absorbed?