While water is popularly associated with corrosion, the Suprabha research team has achieved a breakthrough that gives water a whole new dimension. The Rustopliq range of products uses water as a base to actually prevent corrosion. This prophylactic rust control product line prevents corrosion across a variety of materials and applications. Rustopliq can be used to effectively protect metal surfaces or components that are waiting online or in-plant for the next process. Keeping the short waiting period in mind, Rustopliq offers necessary protection for periods ranging from a few hours to a few days. At the same time, the product has the ability to neutralize acidic traces left behind by fingerprints – a first in India’s corrosion- protection systems.
These products are ideal for protection from few hours to few days. Repetition of application, however, can extend the period of protection as desired. This simple method of surface protection obviates the need for costly rust preventive oils and installation of a conventional multitank system to clean the surface off oil, rust etc. on components by following the cumbersome process. It completely eliminates the pollution caused by the cleaning system. As there is no loss of liquid due to evaporation, usage of SO VCI® water-based eco-friendly liquid for rust prevention will be economical.
Protection can be easily and inexpensively extended if desired, with reapplication of Rustoplique. Further, its neutralization action eliminates the acidic traces in the vicinity to avoid any further attack on metal. Besides surface protection, the use of water in Rustopliq offers unprecedented advantages such as:
- Elimination of the high costs associated with rust prevention oils: Rustopliq is economical to use even when reapplied repeatedly.
- Saved time and labour: With Rustopliq, there is no need to install complex multi-tank systems to clean the layer of oil and rust on components. The stages of wrapping and oiling during storage can also be eliminated.
- Environmental safety: Rustopliq’s non-toxic, non-hazardous, non-inflammable formulation and mild fragrance makes it an eco-friendly rust-prevention measure. In addition, Rustopliq eliminates the need for polluting cleaning systems, which are necessary when oil-based products are used.
- 100% eco-friendly and environmentally safe
- Neutralisation action removes acidic traces present in the surroundings and avoids any further attack on the metals.
- Protection against rust during manufacturing process
- Eliminates the ill-effect of the reminiscence of coolant and fingerprints
- Soluble in coolant hence eliminates the need for removing protective coating
- Non-toxic, non-hazardous, noninflammable formulation and mild fragrance makes it ideal for in-plant use
- No need for wrapping and oiling during storage
- Protected areas of the component do not require cleaning/degreasing thereby saves time and effort
- Components when additionally wrapped in Suprabha Rustopaper can offer long periods of dry protection